With an eye toward prison reform, writer and academic Pete Brook analyzes prison photography from behind his desk. After three years, he decided it was time to get out, on the road, and meet the people he’d written about. Especially the prisoners.
The Chicago Prison Industrial Complex (PIC) Teaching Collective is an initiative of Project NIA (www.project-nia.org).
- Insiders’ Voices: Art and Writing by Incarcerated Women, Youth, and LGBTQ Folks
- Incarcerated Youth Describe the PIC…
- Video: U.S. Prisons Cost Us $228 Billion
- 2012 Blog Statistics in Review
- New Zine: What Better Time Than Now?
- All Our Resources in One Place…
- A Short Documentary About Rikers Island: This Island is Ridiculous
- Video: The PIC IS Zine…
- New Release: The Missing Toolkit
- First-of-Its Kind Study Finds State Taxpayers Pay 14 Percent Higher Costs Than Budgets Reflect For Incarceration
- 36,159 hits