In the coming weeks, we plan to use this space to share timely and relevant information related to using popular education to organize around dismantling the PIC. In the meantime, you can enjoy this video by the Onion News Network who once again use humor to address a very serious issue focused on the criminalization of black men.
The Chicago Prison Industrial Complex (PIC) Teaching Collective is an initiative of Project NIA (www.project-nia.org).
- Insiders’ Voices: Art and Writing by Incarcerated Women, Youth, and LGBTQ Folks
- Incarcerated Youth Describe the PIC…
- Video: U.S. Prisons Cost Us $228 Billion
- 2012 Blog Statistics in Review
- New Zine: What Better Time Than Now?
- All Our Resources in One Place…
- A Short Documentary About Rikers Island: This Island is Ridiculous
- Video: The PIC IS Zine…
- New Release: The Missing Toolkit
- First-of-Its Kind Study Finds State Taxpayers Pay 14 Percent Higher Costs Than Budgets Reflect For Incarceration
- 35,778 hits